Religious views on pornography often discourage people of various religions from viewing pornography and cause support for legislation restricting its publication. These positions derive from broader religious views about sexuality. However, different religious groups do not always agree about what is pornographic, and some religious groups believe that freedom of expression should be favoured over censorship. There is no direct prohibition of pornographic media in the Bible. Pornography was neither as prevalent or as well developed during biblical times as it is today, although the Bible itself includes pornography. Many Christians are generally against pornography based on the interpretation of Matthew 5:27–28. ‘Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery: But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart Jesus is speaking of adultery, saying that lust towards a woman other than one’s wife is adultery in one’s heart. Most Christians interpret this to mean that since the purpose of pornography is lust, it is sinful.
The Bible does contain erotica: the Song of Songs “used to be sung in taverns”, since “reproduction was essential” and Judaism valued sex positively.
Eric Michel Ministries teaches that pornography is “about violence, degradation, exploitation, and coercion” and “deplore[s] all forms of commercialization, abuse, and exploitation of sex, and defines pornography as “sexually explicit material that portrays violence, abuse, coercion, domination, humiliation, or degradation for the purpose of arousal. In addition, any sexually explicit material that depicts children is pornographic”. Persons who are addicted to pornography are physiologically altered, as is their perspective, relationships with parishioners and family, and their perceptions of girls and women.
The Kamasutra is very ancient and sacred book about sex, written by the Hindu sage Vatsayana. This book has all those details and descriptions of sex types, sex positions, sex importance and compatibility of partners, eunuchs etc. The ancient Khajuraho Temple in Madhya Pradesh, India is well known for the sculptures on it. Here the statues of men and women are depicted as having sex in different positions. The builders of the Khajuraho temple were Rajputs and were followers of Waam-maarga or left-handed Tantra, an acceptable way of attaining Moksha.
Overcoming Your Addiction Important Steps.
- First, recognize that you have a problem. ” He who conceals his transgressions will not prosper, but he who confesses and forsakes them will find compassion”.
- Confess your problem to a mature believer who can hold you accountable, and your spouse.
- Seek guidance from your pastor, a mature believer of the same sex, or a trained professional to resolve past trauma and facilitate healing in your marriage.
- Be wise. Purchase filtering software for your computer. “By wisdom, a house is built”.
- Recognize that victory over addiction will be a marathon, not a sprint.
- You need not suffer in silence. There are help and healing for those who seek it. However, just as addictions take time to develop, so does recovery.
- Be patient with yourself and persevere. Trust yourself that you the grace and the strength you need–one step at a time.
- Contact your Pastor
Rev Eric Michel
(Modified from Wikipedia)