All our courses are accredited and we are authorized to grant Certificates and Degrees up to Doctorate level as a religious organization.
The purpose of accreditation is to:
- certify that an institution has met the established standards of excellence
- assist prospective students in identifying reputable institutions, which offer degree programs that will meet
their needs and goals
- allow institutions to evaluate the acceptability of transfer credits into their own curricular programs
Our physical chaplaincy mailing address is:
CP 12074 DE l’HÔPITAL, PO. GATINEAU
Registered with Industry Canada as a Non-profit under 895170-5
Registered with Taxation Canada 803239177RC300
Registered in Quebec as a non-profit 1170642343
Our courses only are accredited with Theological Accreditation International (TAI) as our courses come from an accredited third party and we are in a contract. Our courses meet the requirements established by many private, independent, and professional associations. Mainly our courses are for our own ministries and accepted by other organisms
All degrees at Footstep of Jesus or any combination offered by Research, Theology and Teaching Ministry are earned degrees. This is achieved by mandatory coursework that must be completed.
Our courses are available to everyone who meets our entrance requirements. Our courses require comprehensive study and self-discipline as our Seminary is an online institution with no physical campus.
We recognize life experience which may have been gained through years of work which is ministry related and it is for Ordination Only, remember in case of promotion students that completed our courses have a better chance. Many people have served in ministry positions and have gained a lot of knowledge and experience in their fields, but do not have any formal certificate or degree. Life experience credits can give some of the recognition needed for this service in the work of the Lord. Attention life experience entitles you to be a Lay Minister.
- Applicants must have at least five years in a recognized position in ministry.
- Any life experience must be documented along with the years they occurred and submitted for evaluation.
- All candidates for ordination must be trained with our ordination courses
- All candidates for ordination must have completed a Bachelor Degree from Orthodox Christianity
Our goal is to train you for ministries and this is your path to reach any rank at Eric Michel Ministries International
Two possibilities of work A) The Chaplaincy Ministry or B) The New Hope Ministry and Missions.
The time before been ordain as a minister
- From 0 to 2 years: Seminarian / Lay Minister
- From 2 to 3 years: Seminarian / Ordain Deacon
- From 3 to 4 years: Deacon / Ordain Minister
- Junior Chaplain on the 6th year. Performing chaplain duty must be a legally ordained minister with at least 3 years of experience in your existing field of ministry
- Senior Chaplain on the 8th year. Commanding personal. The applicant must be an ordained minister and have at least 5 years of experience in their existing field of ministry.
- Master Chaplain on the 10th years. Commanding a ministry. The applicant must be an ordained minister and have at least 7 years of experience in their existing field of ministry. Master Chaplain is often deployed in the field, working with victims, survivors, team members, and others.
- Deputy Chief: reward Commanding a remote locations
- Chief Chaplain: reward
- Commander elected as Archbishop. Commanding the chaplaincy at the highest level
Christian Studies Lay Ministry Program
Ordination after 3 years.
Ordination Program for a Christian Minister
The entrance requirement for Christian Minister must have completed a Diploma in Ministry Ordination after 4 to 5 years.
Canon 019.6 Leaders
All leaders, including commissioned holders of ministries, shall be appropriately trained and experienced.
Commissioned holders of ministries are chaplains leaders who normally work for the chaplaincy and are chosen by the appropriate chaplaincy community to act in its name.
All commissioned holders of ministries shall be chosen in a manner which shall give a representative voice to all those who are to be led by them. This is especially true of the local Minister, the Bishop, and the Synod Bishop.
All commissioned Ministers and Bishops holders of ministries shall serve for specified terms of office. The Synod shall specify the term and renewability of office of the Ministers. The Synod Constitution shall specify the term and renewability of office of the Bishop.
All commissioned holders of ministries can be removed from office only for cause, following a procedure of due process based on principles enunciated in this Constitution.
All commissioned holders of ministries have responsibilities and corresponding rights which must be specified by the synod; those of Minister, Bishop and Synod Bishop are specially laid out here.
Training and qualifications
We require that the minister has a sense of calling. In regards to training, we emphasize the natural gifts to those that also require advanced tertiary education qualifications, We have a seminary that Educ the minister for its future role…
For more information on The Sacrament of Holy Orders see our Canon Law Licensure and Ordination Policy.