August 17, 2015, to the opening of our office on September 1st a year later in
Halifax Nova Scotia, we are proud of this regional office, our number two after
Quebec. This is the Atlantic Regional Office for New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince
Edward Island and Newfoundland & Labrador, based in the heart of Halifax on
Hollis St., a walking distance among the various landmarks. Under the direction of the local Board of Elders and the House of Bishops, our Halifax Regional Office oversees the operations of all the maritime. Each local Board Of Elders enjoys the freedom to direct its own internal affairs, but accountable to the General Symposium. Eric Michel Ministries International is a Non-For-Profit Christian Organisation specialize in a Chaplaincy & a Seminary. We have an open mind philosophy and we welcome all Christian from the fundamentalist to the ultra-liberal member.
This Atlantic Regional Office contact information
Eric Michel Ministries Int’l
Founded in 2012 in the Province of Quebec (Registered in 2014) it has a majority of French and English followers. We are a branch of United Methodist who has adopted a semi-congregationalist and semi-episcopal polity.
Les Ministères ERIC MICHEL Ministries International is administrated by an Archbishop (Bishop President) as the highest officer managing with the Executive Board of
Elders (Religious Authority) and the Board of Elders Adviser and Accountability (Secular Authority).
We are a very open congregation and where everyone is welcome from all
Christian Denominations and from all genders including LGBT and we are also a member of Progressive Christiani-ty.org. Our teaching comes from the Bible and many
In 2015 we became Reconciling Baptist and we integrated the Progressive Baptist Teaching by including the Phoenix Affirmation
In 2017 we became Independent United Methodist and New Hope Reconciling Baptist
Incorporated Nonprofit Organization
Nova Scotia legislation requires that bylaws be submitted with the application for incorporation and must be approved by the Registry of Joint Stock Companies
Les Ministères Eric Michel International and Eric Michel Ministries International is legally constituted as a not-for-profit Organization at Industry Canada under the
number # 895170-5 and at Canada Revenue Agency under the number # 80323 9177 RC001
Ontario: To come
Nova Scotia: in process
Why did this organization form?
“We believe that there is One God; we affirm the unity of all creation and take the example and teachings of Jesus as our Way in life.”
This kind of Chaplaincy is inexistent in Canada, Eric M.Gagnon is a member of the International Federation Of Christian Chaplains Inc, (USA) and work to implant this
kind of services in Canada for:
- The necessity to train successfully the clergy and lay members to all the tasks of a chaplain spiritually and socially Improve lives, education, health and welfare,
and our environment
- The necessity to serve and support others in needs
- The Chaplaincy is to help provide ministerial care and education to our members and non-members as well.
- To develop, equip, and to provide services to both: spiritual and emotional needs of all individuals in crisis, and other.
- To support and act as a resource, which is committed to community safety, with excellence in preparation and delivery, and with effective and efficient service
- Our Mission includes support to other Non-Profit Organizations reaching their goal. We recruit chaplains/ministers for hospice, nursing homes, Law Enforcement, Fire Department, Government agencies, Emergency services and community ministries.What will this organization be doing?
Establish and maintain a workable and beneficial relationship between the secular and religious sectors of society for the purpose of ministry in the community
and the education and training of a professional workforce as Christian Leaders using our own Seminary Ministry “Footstep Of Jesus”.Eric Michel Ministries International will provide practical community support and spiritual counsel to emergency service workers, those in crisis, secular
society and those persons in transition by meeting their needs. Trained and licensed chaplains will provide counsel education, advocacy, life improvement skills and recovery training, providing a bridge between the secular and spiritual
environments of community throughout the world.What is this organization doing that is not being done by other organizations?
This type of Chaplaincy is nonexistent in Canada
Who is likely to participate and/or be served by this organization?
All Christian member of any Christian denominations can be member serving all person of any faith or non-faith at all.
The composition of the name is important. The name typically consists of three parts:
The identifying part
The Non-Denominational Christian Chaplaincy & Seminary under the direction of The Symposium Of The Christian (Changed to become IUM in 2017) Fellowship
Operating using the name Eric Michel Ministries International
a) The symposium is the name for our General Assembly
b) The Symposium Of The IUM And The Baptist Fellowship, in short, we use IUM Fellowship
The descriptive part
The mission of Eric Michel Ministries International is to empower people to live with greater depth, meaning and purpose. We welcome all to our caring community, foster spiritual growth, and inspire actions in the service of life. In carrying out this mission, we promote our values of religious tolerance, freedom of thought and the use of reason. We are rooted in Canadian and worldwide Christian by affirming the following principles:
- The inherent worth and dignity of every person;
- Justice, equity, and compassion in human relations;
- Acceptance of one another and encouragement to spiritual growth in our congregations;
- A free and responsible search for truth and meaning;
- The right of conscience and the use of the democratic process within our congregations and in society at large;
- The goal of world community with peace, liberty, and justice for all;
- Respect for the interdependent web of all existence of which we are apart.
- Belong with heart. Thrive in spirit. Act in service
- We honour and share in a commitment to truth in research, the education of the whole person and the commitment to excellence in the development of skills for
the service of humanity.
- The category Religious Non For Profit Organization. The minimum and maximum number of directors 1 and 21 ( Industry Canada under the number # 895170-5)
- How the organization appoints new directors or the names of the first directorsMainly elected, if no candidate named, the board can co-opted members.
- The effective date of the constitution.