- In EMMI schools the role of the chaplain is educational and liturgical, mentoring and a provider of pastoral care services.
- Chaplains provide care for students by supporting them during times of crisis or need.
- Chaplain promotes the welfare of students, with the staff and parents helping students deal with grief, anger or depression,
- Chaplains also build relationships with students by participating in extracurricular activities such as breakfast programs, lunchtime groups and sports groups.
- School chaplains also liaise with external organizations providing support services for the school