Canon 020.23 The Greater Services
In common with all Chaplaincies possessing Apostolic Succession, the IUM Chaplaincy or Fellowship, holds the Greater Spiritual Services to be five in number, namely: Baptism, the Holy Eucharist, Marriage, Holy Orders and Holy Anointing. The essential elements necessary for the validity of each Services are enumerated in Canons 020.24 through 020.27.
Canon 020.23.1 The Sacraments are named Spiritual Services in this community of the EMMI Chaplaincy in which God is involved in as a witness and it doesn’t have any mystery or mysteries
The Sacraments delivery
In Christian chaplaincy or Fellowship, a clergy-person is someone who is authorized by EMMI to perform functions such as the teaching of beliefs; leading services such as weddings, baptisms or funerals; or otherwise providing spiritual guidance to the community.
Only an ordained person can office in any of our sacraments but they do not have to be a member of the clergy, a lay minister can perform as well except for the Eucharist.
Canon 020.23.2 We are a Chaplaincy in valid apostolic succession from Jesus and the Apostles of the First Church Lead By Mary of Magdala, James the Just and Simon-Peter, the practice the five spiritual services handed down to us through their tradition, that is to say: Baptism, Holy Orders, The Eucharist, Anointing of the Sick (Unction) and Holy Matrimony. We may vary the way in which these services are performed, for example through the use of different liturgies, providing always that the progressive or liberal Christian in matter, form and intent is preserved. We understand the services to be outward signs of an inward spiritual grace.
In Canon 020.2.4.4 with the exception of the sacrament of Holy Orders, clergy may not deny the spiritual Services to those who ask for them, provided that the reasonable discretion of the minister shall apply with regard to the choice of the time and appropriate place for their administration and according to the faith.
This is a list of our sacrament and Spiritual Services:
- The Sacrament of Baptism or the Spiritual Service of Baby Naming/Welcoming
- The Sacrament of Marriage or the Sacrament Holy Matrimony (Under Local Laws), or the Spiritual Service of Commitment ceremony or the affirmation of love ceremony
- The Sacrament of Worship or the Sacrament of Holy Communion, a meal or a banquet with a ritual to bless the meal and people and also during normal Worship under the Species of non-alcoholic wine and host.
- The Sacrament of Last Rites and the Spiritual Service of Funerals
- The Sacrament of Ordering or the Sacrament of Holy Orders new member to the clergy
- The Spiritual Service of Preaching
- The Spiritual Service Benedictions
- The Spiritual Service Consecration of the water ceremony
- The Spiritual Service Candlelight Tribute ceremony
- The Spiritual Service of Prayers reciting
- The Spiritual Service Solstice and Equinox ceremonies
- Other Special Service Celebrations